The Messina Law Firm
Zyprexa or Olanzapine
A Dangerous Drug Alert for Zyprexa or Olanzapine
Another dangerous drug alert for you, this time for Zyprexa or Olanzapine. It is a medicine that is approved for your use if you are suffering from schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Most noteworthy common side effects to you of immediate and prolonged Zyprexa usage are:
- Your Drowsiness.
- Weight gain.
- Restlessness, during your day and at night.
- Constipation of your digestive system.
- And fatigue you didn’t previously have.
However, in the time since Zyprexa has been approved for use in humans, several other, more serious problems have surfaced in patients just like you.
FDA findings on Zyprexa
First of all, the FDA has found that the use of Zyprexa results in an increased risk to you of a rare but serious skin reaction with mental health drug Olanzapine. (Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis, Zyprexa Relprevv, and Symbyax). Similarly, swollen lymph glands, swelling of the face have also been named by the FDA as a risk symptom. Furthermore, if you show any of these symptoms you should consult with your doctor immediately.
What Conditions does Zyprexa Treat?
- Bipolar I Disorder with Most Recent Episode Mixed
- Depression associated with Bipolar Disorder
- Adjunct Treatment
- Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder
- Additional Medications to Treat Depression
- Bipolar Disorder in Remission
- Prevent Nausea and Vomiting from Cancer Chemotherapy
- Nausea and Vomiting caused by Cancer Drugs
So, always talk to your doctor
So, always talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits to you of using any prescribed drugs. Due to the characteristics of atypical antipsychotic drugs such as Zyprexa, it is highly recommended that you do so. Also, you must never stop taking these types of drugs suddenly as the consequences, can themselves develop health problems for you.
Finally, if you or a loved one has suffered any negative conditions while taking Zyprexa, or any other dangerous drug, contact our office. We will go to work for you to get you everything you deserve under the law.
Also, if you prefer, you can submit your case electronically to us, by clicking here.